October 8, 2013

Julugust

So this is a mix of stuff I just forgot to post all together so I apologize.

Below is my first aluminum plate from lithography.
Remember all my complaining?
It was over this!
So was drawn with just a basic grease crayon, which later becomes an image from talc, gum arabic, acetone, lithotine and asphaltum. I won't bore you with the obnoxious details. Later we fill the image with ink thanks to the acetone and asphaltum which holds it in place. But before before having to let it sit over night twice.



And it produces this!


My 2nd project was this. It was done with grease crayon, xerox transfer and there was a wash but it didn't work out, probably for the better. A wash is toner, water and soap. A xerox transfer is a toner printed image and winter green to make it stick to the aluminum. 


And my last project was a 2 run project (each color is a different plate) used on photo plates, meaning you paint/draw on Mylar and then expose the painted image on the Mylar over the plate for a few minutes. 


Oh and Garett and I celebrated our one year anniversary with Jimmy Johns and a picnic! Though now we're more like 14 months. 


He's too cute!


During the 7 week break we went to the sand dunes with some of our good friends, the men went sand hill jumping and then we all played Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Best game ever even though we were freezing. 




And our dearest friends Katy and Sam got married!!!
We also got to see lots of Garett's old companions like Troy (his "son").










I also had the opportunity to shoot my sister's brother-in-law Tim's reception here in Rexburg.







I was kind of obsessed with the lanterns in case you were wondering.


Anyway that's all for now.
I'm sure I have more stuff documented on my phone which I will hopefully get around to in the near future!
Until then SMILE!

Meg B.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment