June 3, 2011

You Asked For This

Y'all have been asking what I have been doing in my art classes so here are some of the more "interesting pieces. The last 5 are the ones I just turned in for my Drawing I class. I still have homework for Color and Design to do tonight.

This first one is the first picture I ever drew for my Drawing I class and it makes me sad. I want to cry at how awful it it. *crying*
This was a triptych, meaning you have an image using darker values, one using light values and then one with a mix of both.

This is a 2-point perspective cube.

This is a 1-point perspective cube with a shadow based on the light source and relative point.

This is a construction drawing we had to do of a Vase. They gave us step-by-step instructions on how to do it and then 4 steps before the end they told us to erase the bottom half of the Vase and learn how to draw it correctly. It wasn't fun but I liked it afterward.

A teacup based on an image of one which I will not post because otherwise it makes this look rather crappy.

This was for my Color and Design class. We had to use organic textures.

And mechanical textures.

Then we had to find textures of stuff around the apartment. Notice most of these are from earrings. And an Oreo! =D

Color value scale.

This took forever! For Color and Design. (If it's in color, it is for Color and Design). I had to draw every single one of those squares. I will save you the time of counting them (both pages), there were 58, not to mention drawing more for mess ups and getting the right shade after attempting and failing several times for some of those. But yeah I'm proud of it because it took forever!

So you better love these!
Or ELSE!!!

And these are the ones I turned in for Drawing I last night.
Gray scales in graphite, ink and charcoal.

A cone in ink. Each line was drawn with a straight-edge (aka ruler). Well except for the base of the cone of course.
This was a cylinder in charcoal. It wasn't AS hard but VERY messy. I washed my hands pretty much after every picture.

The sphere in graphite.And the cube in charcoal. We've drawn LOTS of cubes so this was easy. I could draw a cube in my sleep perfectly.

The end. That is what I have been doing in my classes. The rest of the assignments were much less interesting.
(FYI the pictures of texture are all pictures I have taken).

THE END

My roommates just bought
11 goldfish
I wonder how long
They will last O.o
Meg

3 comments:

  1. these are so cool!!! my favorites are your vase and your teacup! also, the cone that you did using lines is super cool too! great job megan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooo cooolll Megan! I love that cone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These aren't terrible! I love the vase, too! and the sphere. and what I really love is that it shows you're getting better and better as you go along. :) woohoo meg!

    ReplyDelete