June 26, 2011

If I Never Left

I would be completely happy.

Y'all, I have fallen in love.

I thought I would never be able to love any other mountains other than the Appalachian mountains. Given, I still love the Appalachian mountains the MOST, but the Tetons are now a close 2nd. They are BEAUTIFUL! And to prove it to you, I will show you some pictures, though they don't do them justice.


This was on our ride to Wyoming.
Though this is not the Tetons, it was still rather pretty.

Oh how I have missed the greenery!

Green, green, green!

The Grand Tetons!

A close view.
Yes that is snow.

So pretty that I had to show them twice!

Even closer from the campsite.

We were right next to an overflowing river.
It was beautiful.

And there were trees!
LOTS AND LOTS OF TREES!! (I was a happy camper!)
And yes that is snow at the bottom of the picture.
Those trees were extremely tall, I felt right at home.

The river ran through the camp grounds.

I feel Aaron would have loved this.
Trees fell to make natural bridges that Nikki and I crossed several times.
And had a cute little waterfall.
At night we had skits and a bonfire.
And it was amazing!

We got to explore, have a devotional, eat s'mores and I had my first roasted Starburst.
They were so good that I ate 10 or so of them. =D
And then David threw marshmallows at me from across the campfire. I couldn't see who it was and I was mad at first, but later he told me it had been him and then Nikki and I helped him throw marshmallows at other people.

This morning I woke up because the smoke alarm went off (we were in a lodge, fake camping I know, but no cellphone service nonetheless) and the girls who actually heard it decided the rest of us were not allowed to sleep since they couldn't. =/

Have I ever told you that I HATE being woken up by people?
Well now you know.
I think it is because I'm already NOT a morning person, so I'm not happy, but if I set an alarm then I have no one to be mad at for waking me up but myself. But if other people wake me up, then I blame them for ruining my peaceful slumber. I promise if you ever wake me up, I will glare at you the rest of the day.

In other news- we had a delicious breakfast of eggs, hash browns, pancakes, fruit and BACON!
After breakfast Nikki and I played Frisbee with David, Kendal, Drew, Yazan (sp?) and some other people who came in and out. It was fun and I actually did well, though I throw better with my left hand, odd huh?

We then did a service project. My group set up tents, though it was more of setting up 3 tents in the same spot but the first 2 didn't fit the frame so we put up and took down several tents. Afterword we had a lovely lunch and went home.

I was really sad to leave. Mostly I was dreading civilization and having cellphone reception. If cellphones weren't so vital in communication, I would probably throw mine out. I loved being able to leave it off for a day or two.

Anyway, off to polish up my talk (I'm speaking tomorrow in church) have a great night!

Caprisun is not
as good as I remember
and anything less than
2% milk is gross.
What happened to drinks
with REAL flavor?
Meg

1 comment:

  1. Megan, you were completely right about what photos that I liked. Thus, I love you. And you are the coolest. And I wish I could be there to read your talk.

    ReplyDelete