August 22, 2010

Eenie Meanie Mine-ee Mo, BINGO was his name-o!

So lately I have found that I have a deep love for jigsaw puzzles. I was rather surprised but the more I thought about it, it's not surprising at all. I love puzzles. Rubix cubes, solitaire, minesweeper, hearts, sudoku even mahjong. Puzzles fascinate me, I love working my brain to figure out the secret behind the patterns to solve the intricate puzzles. In minesweeper I can solve the puzzle with 90 mines, in sudoku I've stopped doing any easy or medium ones, even hard. I go straight to the hardest ones I can find. There is a series that are the different colored belts of karate, but for sudoku. I skipped straight to black and have finished the first 2 degrees of it, I am now working on the 3rd degree black belt. (seen below)


I am a sucker for a challenge so lately I have been working on Jigsaw puzzles with my mom and I love them. Just like sudoku, each jigsaw puzzle is unique. Depending on where they were made, each brand offers different shaped pieces and trust me, they make some WEIRD shapes! So I'll put a few pictures up of the ones we've completed.

We started with some Disney puzzles, like Alice in Wonderland. (Great movies, book, soundtrack and puzzle!)

And Pinocchio! I never really liked the movie, it scared me, but I love that cricket!

Then we moved on to Precious Moments. Ah the memories of my sister and I's coloring books to keep us quiet during church. I found one the other day in my drawer! So many memories! And so cute!

Aaron liked this one for the sheet music and piano =]

Dad wanted a castle, so we got a German castle. It was SO hard! Mom & I tore it down as soon as I took this picture. Evil hard puzzles....grrr....on another note. My roommate Rachel bought this EXACT same puzzle in Utah at a little shop, how crazy is that?

Filling the world with love and cuteness!

Back to good old Thomas Kinkade, but this one was unusually difficult, so we tore this one down almost immediately after finishing it too. Plus it wasn't very pretty, at least the German castle was.

My mom and I found this and the one below at Walmart at 11 o'clock at night because we were just itching for a new puzzle. We liked this artist so much, we bought both! And how pretty they are! =]

Sorry about the glare, but you're not missing much, those flowers were a little bit of a pain.


Now we're starting on a 1500 piece puzzle that Chase's mom is lending us, but so far, we don't like it very much, it's challenging, mostly because we're using a patted table that doesn't like to hold the pieces together. But we'll get through it one step at a time, maybe we'll learn to like it.

Take it one step at a time,
Meg

P.S. Did I just get that Jordin Sparks song stuck in your head? If you've never heard it, check it out, it's very cute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIE5QtkxzvM&feature=av2e

Random thought, whenever I wear heels on hardwood floor or pavement, and it makes that sound, I think of this song as well, and sing it to the beat of my steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment