May 8, 2013

Sometimes.....

After a long hard day of art projects, I wonder if I am crazy....

Who in their right mind would take printmaking or lithography for fun when they don't need it for their major?

Yeah sure let me play with some deadly chemicals all for the sake of some pretty cool images. 
Let me kill brain cells to learn techniques I'll never use again.

But then I think, when will I ever get to do insane stuff like this ever again?

Let's face it, friends you make when you're slowly killing yourselves for the sake of art, are friends you know you can count on for the rest of your life. (That probably doesn't make any sense, but it does in my head. Basically those friends help you to KEEP you from doing something wrong & killing yourself). 

Plus there is this side of me that says, do you really want to quit this? Even though it's really hard and scary it's also really fun. I guess it's that addiction to the wild side of life that keeps me going. 

But just FYI. If you're ever thinking of doing a printing class, stick with intaglio (btw the g is silent), it is MUCH easier & more forgiving than lithography. Lithography is for the mentally insane I'm pretty sure.....

Which is starting to make sense why my teacher kind of laughs like a crazy person....
That explains so much.....

anywhoooo, that is all for tonight. Have a good week!!!!!
Can't wait to see my family this weekend!!!!!!!!

Might be a little woozy 
due to chemicals...
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment