October 24, 2011

Changing, Always Changing

I would love to tell you about how grand my weekend was, all the details of taking a walk with Haley, sleepovers with Haley and Rachel, going to the Temple 2 days in a row, one of those times my dear little brother was even able to join me. I'd love to go on and on about how after going to the Temple, my family showed up and I got to spend some time with them, and Rachel arrived from Provo, I got a letter from my dear friend Elder Michael Gmeiner, I went to dinner with my family and Rachel. We spent the evening chatting it up. Saturday after spending the morning at the Temple for the 2nd time I got to go to Mesa Falls with my family and friends. All in all it was a wonderful weekend. Not to mention a wonderful church, dinner with Rachel before she left and an evening chatting with Haley. It was wonderful. I could go into more details, but just know wonderful memories were made this weekend and I was grateful to spend time with those I was with.

I guess what I want to focus on is the idea of change. I am currently going through a change that even I cannot fully comprehend. I only know the Lord has much in store for me to learn and grow and I must work diligently to heed to His words and grow where is needed.

This is a change that is quite new to me. I have never gone through anything quite like this. Normally it is physical, emotional or more of a straight forward spiritual learning. This one though is very much blind, going in with nothing but faith and coming out as what the Lord wants me to be. It is challenging in ways words of this language cannot describe. I think we all go through similar things in our lives. We are faced with challenges that we cannot at present comprehend. This is the Lord's way of saying "put your trust in Me, and I will mold you into something better".

We all change and all grow. People come and go in and out of our lives and at the end of the day you have to take it for what it is and apply what you learned. It is not always easy. I feel more often than not it is difficult and unpleasant. It requires stepping out of our comfort zones in order to grow. For some this is easier than others but for myself it can be hard. I guess we all have to trust in the Lord at one point or another.

As it is said in the hymn "Come Thou Fount"- "Prone to wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart, oh take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above". This is my time to give Him my heart and see where it takes me. I hope y'all are able to do the same sometime. It is quite an experience.

"A world where love is not the stuff from greeting cards but a trench war worth fighting" -Andrew McMahon from Jack's Mannequin
Meg


No comments:

Post a Comment