March 5, 2010

La La La Lets Dance All Day

99...99...99....seems like a rather large number doesn't it? But in the case, the number is quite small. 99 days until I graduate. 97 until I am a legal adult. The idea is thrilling, terrifying and overall a tad bit overwhelming. They say high school is only a blink of an eye in your lifetime. It feels like I have been spinning and spinning to music and every time I stop, the song has changed and everyone has gotten older and moved away. Over the years I have realized I see my family like my parents view us. In my mind my siblings and I are all under the age on 10 and we are running around the backyard having the grandest adventures. In reality 2 out of 4 are adults, and the youngest is a super genius. The best way I have ever heard life described was from a movie. The not quite, extremely silly classic "Uptown Girls". The main character describes her life as being on a spinning teacup at the fair and she feels she is constantly spinning in her 8 year old body. Despite my age, in my mind, I still feel like a little child. I feel I should be riding my bike, running around singing Backstreet Boys songs. But alas that time has passed and soon I shall by hundreds of miles away from home.

Idaho on the other hand seems like a grand adventure. Yeah I know, sounds boring. What is in Idaho other than potatoes? But I have never lived outside grand ol' NC so I am quite excited, it shall be a grand adventure, scary but exciting. And I will have Cacia and Alisa by my side to help lift me up and I them. I am excited am hoping for the best. At least I know I have a place to live this fall, that is always a comforting feeling. Now if I can survive to be able to get out there, I will be happy.

Take a drive,
Meg

1 comment:

  1. I mostly feel like an 8 year old too, but I don't feel like I'm spinning around too much anymore. Weird that we're all going to be adults soon, huh?

    ReplyDelete