September 16, 2010

A lesson learned...

Monday we (being all my roommates) decided to have a movie night. SO we went to Redbox and agreed upon "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" and "The Fourth Kind"......man did we make the biggest mistake ever. The two lamest, dumbest, just overall crappy movies I have ever seen. I wasted four hours of my life that I will never get back....but oh well. So the lesson here? We should always have our guy friends over because when we try to watch movies, we will kill our brains with stupidity whereas having guy friends over, we laugh and burn calories and actually enjoy life.

Yeah we learned our lesson; Bill and Brent come over pretty much daily even if it's only for an hour. Lucky for them, their dorms are pretty close so they can run back in time for curfew.

In other news Alisa turned 18 YESTERDAY!!! SO we made a crazy poster for her, and got 3 helium balloons! And we're having the party for her Friday night, with confetti cake and cream cheese icing and lots of guys...we don't really have any girl friends outside our own apartment....oh except this girl Nicole in our ward. She's pretty cool. And Katie came over and heart-attacked Alisa's room. For those that don't know, that means putting hearts everywhere! She also attacked the hallway, living room closet and front door...to leave a trail of course.

To add to the news, we changed out living room around (pictures up later). The long couch is in front of the closet because we don't really use it except to store stuff we won't touch until December. The table is where the long couch is and the little couch is in the corner where the table was. We got a red clock for our living room and Rachel found a red stand-up lamp for $3 at walmart and that is behind the little couch. We also got an Anberlin poster and a poster of Puss in Boots looking OH SO CUTE! So yeah our living room rocks now! and we got some fake flowers in a plastic vase for out kitchen table, to add a little color to it.

Oh and I made Pizza Chicken for dinner last night and it turned out great! Considering I was guessing on temperature and time, it was perfect and devoured by all, along with steamed broccoli and shell noodles. =]

Today has been pretty dull so far, I overslept and woke up at 10am. I missed German but I am not too worried. We have yet to do anything big and today was the last day to change classes so we probably got more/less people. Photography was a nice review of F-stop and shutter speeds. And I started craving medium format because my teacher was comparing it to 35mm film...but that's okay, I still love photography.

I also started listening to my Ipod when I walk and love having a soundtrack to my life. Though sadly it makes me want to dance, but alas I can't without having people stare at me and for those who know me, I don't like to be the center of attention in crowds of people that I don't know...but yes music is awesome and gives me a little hop to my step, whether going to a class I like (which is all of them except American Foundations) or coming home from a slow class.

Mostly I am excited for my photography lab tomorrow, though we are only going over the camera and loading film I love hearing about it and knowing at least one other person can also speak my language of photography. That and shooting film is fun, it is a bit slower paced than digital and makes you think about what you are shooting. Sorry I am beginning to ramble...I could spend days in my own language and world but I will not bore you with things you don't understand.

I think I shall go make dinner now and maybe unload the dishes if they aren't already.

Oh one more bit of news! So my Book of Mormon teacher is challenging us tomorrow to read the Book of Mormon in two weeks. Now lift your jaw from the floor and before you say or think "Are you crazy?" Though yes I am, that is not the reason and does not relate to why I am doing this. But I figure, I was able to read 100 pages a night of The Fountainhead, Whethering Heights and other books, then why can't I do this with the scriptures? You say it is packed full of information and of course it is, but it too is a story and when we spread out the scriptures, sometimes it is hard to see the big picture. So I am really excited to try this, I know I can do it and can't wait to dive into the story head first. So I hope that gives you some clarity into my thoughts. And that will start tomorrow and I couldn't ask for a better challenge to help me grow.

Okay so forreal this time, I am off to make dinner, I am SOOOOO hungry!

Dance to your own beat,
create your own style,
be yourself.
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment