September 24, 2010

Take your shoes off and just dance!

So this week I have learned the importance of music! Music changes everything, your mood and view of everything. I have gotten into a habit of listening to music when I walk places and the next thing I know, I have an extra hop in my step and and want to dance like life is one big musical! Ah if I could only dance around without people staring at me. Sadly I doubt my roommates would dance with me out in public....but maybe I should ask....=]

Well I guess I should catch you up from last weekend. Not much happened except Alisa's Birthday Party! SO here it goes, quick overview because I am LAZY today due to it being Friday afternoon.

So I got home around 4:30 from class and BAKED for several hours. Alisa asked for a confetti cake with cream cheese icing so I made the confetti cake, to find out her mom sent here German Chocolate cake mix and some weird nutty icing...however we only have one cake pan so we made the German Chocolate mix into cupcakes (which only the guys ate). So I made the cake and homemade cream cheese icing, and may I add, it was the most heavenly thing ever besides Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! I nearly just ate the icing by itself but alas the cake was barren and needed this heavenly creation. So Keely spead it on and then took dye and wrote Happy Birthday in purple and yellow! Happy colors =] Keely tried to take the cake out before we iced it, so we could make the other one...but it didn't work and broke in half, but she flipped it back and covered it up well. Couldn't tell until we cut it, and it fell apart...yeah

So we had cake and presents and we played "Do you love your neighbor?" I was only in the center once. Then we played musical chairs on our porch/balcony due to our apartment being hot from so much baking. It was pretty awesome and we got neighbors from all around to play with us. After that we went to Cajun Bob's which is just a dance place for Mormon kids but it was kinda lame so we went to Jamba Juice and drew pictures. After that some people were tired so they went home. But the rest of us (there were 8 I think) hoped into 2 cars and drove out into the middle of nowhere and went stargazing for hours and drew with light =] It was much fun!

The End.

Yeah, I know, not my best story but hey I'm tired! In other news I took a nap today! =] First time as of yet and I loved it! I also developed some film, which was nice. And I am slowly getting to know people in all my classes. My Book of Mormon reading is going well, I am constantly learning and I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. As for my other classes, they are quite dull but I don't mind.

I think my roommates want to go have crazy adventures this weekend. I am not sure as to what we will do since one roommate is going home and 2 of our guy friends are going home as well. Leaving 5 of us and Mikey and Taylor. So we shall see.

Oh! Wednesday night we had the guys over, just playing games and chatting and it was pretty fun =]

Other than that, it has been a slow, dull week. The weather is lovely and I am hoping to get more pictures in before it gets colder.

Maybe it is time for another nap.....=] I get to sleep in tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always hungry!
-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment