September 8, 2010

No Pictures, but good stories

So today we embarked on some crazy adventures, some would dare say BOLD, RIDICULOUS and downright SILLY. But all the same it was quite fun. So we (being Cacia, Rachel, Alisa and I) started out our day with pancakes. Cacia made them and though we had to eat them in about 30 seconds, they were quite delicious. Wonderful breakfast to begin a day of adventure!

We went to Get Connected which is pretty much EFY for freshmen college students. Get Connected is decently cool. We played lots of games, bonded and all that great stuff. Actually we did have a wonderful devotional; by President Clark today about living the standards. So we had our physical boost and out spiritual boost for the day before playing silly games and eating hamburgers. (Aka Cookout, NOT BBQ! Crazy Westerners! JK love um anyway). So after HOURS of games we were allowed to go home. We hung out and started a movie. I am not quite sure if it was due to my roommates lack of confidence in my persistence or boldness but I took the initiative! And told Jake to come over to give us a tour of the campus. =]

(Just to back up for a moment so the rest of the story doesn't get TOO confusing...) So my family flew to Utah, Saturday morning, but we had a layover in Texas. Now being up for 12 hours, running on 5 hours of poor sleep and sitting in a noisy plane for 3 hours makes you just a TINSY bit tired...so sitting in the airport, waiting on our flight, we met 2 RM's (Return Missionaries), fresh from out of the field. Now my family had talked and gotten to know the first one decently, and he was cool, but when the 2nd one came along, I was too tired to notice much except to smile and wave when I heard my name mentioned. So one flight later, getting off, the 2nd Elder was 2 seats on front of my family and as we were getting off. he turned around and handed my mom a piece of paper (meant for me) that says "If you (aka ME) need any help, os someone to show you around. You can call my parents house and they will pass your message......JLH P.S. Or to have fun as well. Up to you. Good luck. JLH"

So I held on to the paper, not really knowing what to expect, so I let it go Saturday and Sunday and finally Monday I decided to facebook stalk him and added him that way, because calling would be too awkward. Could you imagine that conversation? "Uh hello? Yeah so this is Megan, I met your son in the Dallas airport, and he offered to help me around campus..." Yeah not weird at all.....Thank goodness for Facebook.

So we chatted on there and I gave him my number for when he finally got his phone later that day. We chatted and agreed he could come up today to show me and my roommates around. So back to the adventure! So I guess my roommates didn't think I would actually invite him, and if you had went back a year ago....I probably wouldn't have. But what did I have to lose? To be shown around campus by a cute RM? Yeah like I was gonna pass that up...so I invited him over and about half way through our movie "KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!!" He came in and sat down. We swapped names and all that fun stuff but ended up just getting into a long conversation for 2 hours (Alisa came in and out so she missed most of the conversation). It was fun and we all got along quite well. But he had to go run an errand but promised to come back in an hour and give us the tour. And so an hour and a Regina Spektor hair style, and Rachel's plans for her first date, later we went on the tour. (Yeah so my hair was curly and we mentioned Rachel had never been on a date before so he told her Friday she was going to have her first! How cute! And apparently I might be doubling with them, I dunno who I'm going with though...I think he has a friend or something he's bringing....we'll see...)

When he arrived the second time we had started to make dinner and our roommates started moving in. We were kinda rushed so we threw some chicken and spices in the crock-pot and veggies in the steamer. And Jake was so nice to help the 2 other girls bring all their stuff in while we worked on dinner. (We have SOOOOO MUCH FOOD!)

So the campus is small and cute and reminds me of NC in April right now. For all those who understand, it's 70 degrees with a GAZILLION flowers! GORGEOUS! SO yeah we walked around being our goofy selves. After finishing, Jake (That's his name FYI) offered to drive us around Rexburg to show us some stores and places we might want to check out.

He brought us back and we said our goodbyes until Friday. With heads spinning, and lack of space on the counter due to new roommates bringing TONS more food, we ate our little hobo dinner in Alisa and Cacia's room. With our plates and cups, we blessed our meal and ate it happily with our little family. (Oh and we didn't get much sleep last night due to bonding and lucky Jake left when we did) So half way through dinner, our sleepiness hit us and we all went loopy, laughing at EVERYTHING, literally! Oh the memories we are building....

So we rushed over to the talent show with our group. It was pretty sick! I won't go into details tonight but basically, amazing voices, beat boxing, rapping, remixing, single ladies and great classic songs.

Now we are home and...crap I was hoping to be out an hour ago.....oh well.....now off to rest and finish our Get Connected stuff.

So yeah, crazy day between touring campus, Rachel getting her first date with a cute RM, our first hobo hyper dinner and new roommates, it goes to show, you never know what will happen when you take the initiative and reach out! So don't be shy, if you get a cute guys number, call him! You might get a free tour and a date out of it!

Initiative, loving every minute of it!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment