March 5, 2011

There and Back Again

A Megan's tale.

For the record, yes I did just watch the first Lord of the Rings the other day.

My tale began at 9am this morning when the doorbell rang. Matt Hiatt was nice enough to give me a ride to Pilot Moutain, where him, Chris, David and myself were going hiking. We picked up Chris along the way and off we went.

Matt was kind enough to provide nostalgic music from stuff we all used to listen to back in the day, such as Jack Johnson, Michael Jackson, Weezer, Oasis and Greenday. We had a lovely time reflecting on the days when "Beverly Hills" came out on the radio and that is what everyone listened to and got sick of not quickly enough.

Of course riding with someone who hasn't really driven in North Caqrolina is several years, we took a little scenic route thanks to Google Maps...

And of course, Google Maps wasn't the only thing that lied. They said there would be no rain until 3pm, at 10am, it was raining.

After parking and meeting up with David, we started down a trail, but being with guys, we took come sort of "lets just call it a path of some sort"and ended up on some other trail. Being the great sports we are, we went along with it and may or may not have taken several "this might've been a trail once" detours. Of course we were up in a cloud, so the overlook was amazing and white, and more white. It was quite a sight.

So between getting decently soaked from the rain and attempting to hide from Chris while he went to relieve himself, it was quite fun.

Oh I guess I should add one part that made my easily amused self laugh. You see, I have always had this theory that they make guys pockets huge so they can fit 5 course meals in their pockets. While looking at the trail map, Matt offers some granola bars to use and pulls out several, given I have no idea where those came from because I swear his pockets looked empty. Then Chris remarks that he a bagel with peanut butter and pulls that out of thin air......*pause to imagine this odd sighting*......can I just say, guys are so weird. Who carries food in their pockets????? All the same, I had laugh since i am always saying it's possible to fit everything in pockets.

I'm sorry, our adventure was not that great but to make you feel better, we came up with one on our hike. So David got pushed down the mountain and magically survived. When he finally stopped rolling, he ran into a bear, but the only thing he had to defend himself was a snake on a walking stick. So he made the snake on the stick, fight the bear until the bear died, and then David beat the snake with his stick until it died too, then he came back and pushed Matt down the mountain (repeat story). Great stuff huh? No story is truly great without a bear, a snake, and a good walking stick.

We also decided we were going to grow cucumbers with my cucumber seeds (that I just happened to bring) and David's water and Matt's magic growth serum. (Apparently it's a Korean thing to eat cucumbers when you hike.)

Now on to my afternoon.

We finally got me a new suitcase since my other one had a little mishap on the way back from Idaho/Utah.
R.I.P. Forest Green suitcase. =[ Welcome new silver one!

I found some magnets for $1!!! (The garden/fruit ones)
I have this recent obsession with magnets since I found it nearly impossible to find ANY in Rexburg. =/

This is my: I got an unexpected 2nd shower today (rain) so my hair is in a ghetto ponytail look.

Despite my lazy day look, I took my little brother Aaron (below) and his friend Eric (not pictured) out for a little shopping adventure, where we met up with Matt Brown.

Isn't he just awesome sauce? And the bomb dot com? But he is not a cupcake piggy bank.
(Yet all of those are SO much fun to say).

So we explored World Market for a long while, sitting in comfy bowl chairs, playing with simple, slightly lame, easily amusing toys, along with looking at strange foods/beverages and water from Europe (Oooooo......Voss).

After power walking around the store, we decided to be fatties!
Nothing says "Let's gain 10lbs" like buying a dozen doughnuts! =D

Sadly Matt is easily tricked and ended up buying a dozen for himself because the lady lied and said 6 doughnuts would cost as much as a dozen. Poor Matt, tricked into being a fatty.

But we got some awesome Pomegranate soda!!!
Yum! So awesome, I had to put 2 pictures up. =]

It is delicious! Can't go wrong with pomegranate. Plus it's fun to say.

Just to show how dorky I am, as if wandering through World Market all day isn't weird enough....

I found a Sudoku Rubix Cube.
No, you heard me right the first time. It's my 2 favorite things into ONE!

So of course I HAD to get it. =]

And Eric got some Pocky.
Japanese chocolate covered biscuits. YUM!

Also being my dork self, I found some limited German chocolate!
Mint and German chocolate, heaven much?

Finally, Aaron found a Ramen bowl.

Which is perfect because he eats a LOT of Ramen.
How cute it that?

And how cute is my brother?
Him and his ramen, and oh so happy.

And that was our day. =] It was lots of fun. Now to go hobble off to bed now that my legs are starting to feel all that hiking and detouring this morning.

Have a great day!

Bangs on Thursday
Excited?
Yes
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment