March 2, 2011

Sunshine makes everything better

I have to say, today was one of the best days ever at work. =] Let me explain, normally work is long and I get super tired very quickly. Something about work just brings out the yawns in me. Plus the cold tends to bring out the grumpy side of people because they're focused on running to their cars (to avoid the cold) with their children, but they are mad because children need constant feeding and they have short legs and can't get to the car as quickly as their parents would like. Therefore I get lots of grumpy customers which makes me grumpy.

But today, something changed! Maybe it was this perfectly gorgeous weather or that the week is half over. Or that I have been scrunching my hair more lately which makes me happy. I am not sure, but everyone seemed so happy. =] All the cute guys that came to the counter tipped more (which always makes me happier to serve people) and even the other employees had a bounce in their step. Seriously!!! Even the grumpy woman at the front desk was happy! (I swear angels were singing when I saw her smile for the first time ever today). Maybe it helped that Sarah (on of the swim teachers) came over and we chatted away until she had her next class or that Matt Brown came and kept me company until I had to close up. (Normally the last hour or so of work is SUPER dull and quiet). Either way, today was wonderful and everyone was happy and I was happy (despite being out and about for 11 hours today).





HAPPY WEDNESDAY Y'ALL!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment