July 4, 2012

I Crave What I Do Not Have

Really this post is not about cravings at all, mostly because I feel SLIGHTLY queasy due to my recent start on medication and therefore food doesn't sound all that great to me right now.

Except maybe a chocolate milkshake. That sounds good.
I wish I had some ice cream now.....

More than anything I am just kind of sad right now. 
I spent MOST of the day either sitting on the couch reading with Garett (My new favorite past time) or sitting in my room reading.
Either way I finished Book 1 of the Mistborn trilogy and I found out that one of my favorite characters is ACTUALLY dead. =[ 
I kept holding out that they might come back and actually still be alive despite the impalement they received, but alas no luck.

I am not sure that a day spent in bed is good or means I have no social life outside of Garett and Haley, but I appreciated it. 
Also I am not sure if my sadness is due to said medication or if I just get too emotionally involved with books.

But that is how Brandon Sanderson is, you get emotionally involved and they when they die or betray you or some other horrific fate, you end up sad. Now I am not saying I cried when the character died (mostly because I didn't WANT to believe it) but all the same I am mourning the loss of a fictional character. Say what you will of whatever this means, but I will try to see it as Sanderson's writing being good enough for me to care about his characters. 

Now I am off to find something chocolatey...
or sweet...
or delicious.....

30 days.
I can do this. 

If this is the only side effect 
of medication, then I think
I can handle it.
-Megan


2 comments:

  1. give the meds a few days...if you don't feel better, call your doctor up and let her know! you don't have to feel queasy all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah it's only right after I take the medicine which they warned me of, that's why I take it before I go to bed, so I sleep the worst of it off. I only notice it if I stay up super late like I did last night.

    ReplyDelete