November 11, 2011

Wonderings

You know sometimes I get caught up in my day-to-day routine. I get lost among the school work, work and social aspects of my life, and I forget to look back and see how far I've come. I've gone through a great deal in my young life. I've had times of great strength and others of great weakness. I came from a small town, being one of a few that shared my own beliefs at school. I grew up in a rather culturally diverse area, with the extremes of each season, where you knew a good 1/3-1/2 of your graduating class from when you started kindergarten.

I've been in college for over a year now. I'm surrounded by LDS young adults. I've been on my own for awhile now. I support myself a good bit. I maintain a part time job, while being a full time student, only to add a relationship that I didn't even think I would have time for. Not to mention trying not to completely forget about my friends and family and keeping up those relations.

I'm juggling more than I ever thought I could handle. I'm not saying I'm ungrateful for all of it, on the contrary, I am very grateful for all these opportunities. It is interesting to see how far I've come. My work allows me to handle criticism. My schooling teaches me about art, history, a combination of both, lots about the gospel that I never knew before, and much more.

My relationship is teaching me to trust and have faith. I am one that likes security and if there is one thing I am learning, relationships are never secure. It is a balancing act, a learning process, one that is exciting and terrifying all at once. But at least I am certain that I would not want to be on this adventure with anyone else. We're both learning and growing together and I know he will always be right by my side.

I guess the one point of all this is that I am not who I was 6 months, 1 year or 5 years ago. Though I have always been somewhat terrified of growing up, I am realizing I have been in the process of it for awhile now. It is scary, but I know with the Lord's help, all things are possible. Faith is easier said than done, and this is one of those times where I need faith more than ever.

I hope y'all can also learn to trust in Him. This time in your life may be easy, hard, scary, or exciting but I promise it will get better if you will put your trust in Him.

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment