October 17, 2010

Bragging rights are in order!

Okay basically I have the COOLEST friends ever! Or at least Brent is the coolest guy ever!!! If you haven't seen my recent album on facebook, you're in luck, I'm posting some pictures on here as well.

The assignment was to shoot motion, still action and blurred action. And Brent, being the crazy kid that he is just happens to be good at everything (though he is too modest to say so). He skateboards, long boards, wake boards, snowboards (apparently he's REALLY good at that, I haven't seen yet though), clogs, plays soccer, you name it, he does it. And he also happens to be able to one AMAZING barrel roll. I asked him how he learned and he said "I just thought it looked like fun and I wanted to try it, so I did" (He can also do lots of amazing tricks on the trampoline) He's crazy, but awesome.

Here is a recap of today:
Brent doing a barrel roll over a barrel!
You say I'm a good photographer? Well I couldn't do it without having a good friend with AMAZING skills!

Whenever he does a barrel roll, he does the same thing with his hand EVERYTIME, no joke. I took another picture almost exactly like it and his fingers were the same! Weird huh?
Brent: "I wonder if I do that with other stunts too..." (If you're wondering what he sounds like, he sounds like Crush from "Finding Nemo" no joke. It's awesome!")

Like I said, he skateboards too. I think I'm going to use this one for part of my project.

Another really cool shot! He's rusty, but still good. He could still ride the railing too!

The other one I think I might use for my project.

Or this one!

That's pretty much Brent's look whenever he's having fun.

I told him he could do whatever he wanted so he sat down and rode it. I think this picture is just kind of funny! He kinda tried to teach me to ride. It's not hard but scary when you go fast. I did not appreciate him giving me a boost, so I jumped off and the board kept going but we chased it down before it got too far.

Background on this mailbox, it came up to my armpit. He had never jumped anything that high before. He's around 6'3" and that is probably why he could do this.
Brent: "I'm probably not going to make this. But if I do, you BETTER get it on the first shot!"
And I did, and he landed it. So he got really excited and said
"Okay now shoot it from the bushes so you can get the front of me!"


And I did. There's that finger thing again. All in all, Brent is pretty freakin awesome and I had lots of fun doing this assignment. =]

"You have to learn how to crash"
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment