October 19, 2010

Random thoughts of Megan

I am quite happy with today so far, and here are a few reasons why:

1) I slept in! Now before you get mad at me for skipping German, I know for a fact I didn't miss anything important because now we are moving on to verbs, which are REALLY easy and also I NEEDED IT! All of my roommates get at least one or two days during the week in which they can sleep until their hearts content. But not me =[ I am up by 8am Monday through Thursday and then 7am on Fridays! So I needed it and it seriously made my week better already =]

2) I actually kind of learned something in photography! I guess I probably already knew it but it was a great review that I actually needed on lenses and focal range.

3) Devotional was on Temple attendance today which is good because I have yet to have gone so I need to get on that. But it also reminded me of this one time this past year when we went with the youth. During that time I was able to do the work of an older woman for her grandmother and great grandmother and afterward I was able to talk to the woman and she thanked me for doing their baptisms. It was a great feeling knowing I was able to be a tool in the Lord's hands to do the work for this woman so that her family may accept and enjoy the blessings of the gospel.

4) Also during devotional I saw the smallest, cutest baby girl ever! She was probably a few weeks old, with dark thick brown hair that stuck out in all directions. Her mother wasn't much bigger than me and the baby's head was not much bigger than my fist. She was amazingly quiet during the talk except for one or two little moans of sleepiness. It was so quiet I barely noticed but man, I swear EVERYONE within 15 feet heard and all turned to look at this tiny baby!!!! And being all kind-hearted softies, we all sighed and awed at the little thing. For some reason, that made me happy, maybe it's because most of the people I knew back home never want to have kids and that is sad. =[ Where as here, if there is a baby, we all just oogle at the darling little thing and are secretly dying to hold it and touch it's tiny hands and feet. Let's face it, everything tiny is CUTE, except for when it's candy (bite size is not "fun" size, fun size is as big as your head!) then tiny is just dumb.

5) I got to talk to Aaron after devotional and I got to hear ALLLLLL about his awesome day! I love hearing such news especially from Aaron since he doesn't usually say very much about his life.

6) My dear, sweet mother sent off a package to me today, even though I only barely asked her last night. And now I am going to have my warm fuzzy fleece blanket that I have been missing terribly! But not as much as I miss my dear mother and father and Aaron!

7) I came home to a clean kitchen! Alisa and Cacia did the dishes and mopped the floor. They did the dishes because they knew it would make me happy not to have to do them! And it did! =D =D (When I woke up this morning, we had NO cups, bowls or spoons. We had 2 forks and 3 knives. Seriously.) So I am EXTREMELY grateful to them for doing that! =D =D =D =D

8) We have banana pudding, I ate some for breakfast and it was HEAVENLY!!!!

9) I got to chat with Jared Hall for awhile last night, it was fun and I am going to see him and his family this weekend in Provo =]

10) Speaking of Provo......I GET TO SEE MY SISTER ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If you missed my last post.....let's just say that saying I am excited to see my sister is an understatement....)

11) I found my ipod!!! Surprisingly behind my bed since I never have it on or anywhere near my bed....but oh well. =]

Cleanliness is next to Godliness =]
Meg

3 comments:

  1. 1) I am very familiar with that argument "But I wasn't going to learn anything new anyways and I need it!" I get really good at coming up with excuses early in the morning about why I should keep sleeping. Not that they aren't true though!

    2) Learning things is great!!!!

    3) Yay for going to the temple! You should make sure you go sometime soon! We went on Friday and it was SO GREAT! We definitely needed it :)

    4) Don't you worry honey, you will see SO MANY BABIES when you come to church with us this sunday!!!!

    5) Hurrah for Aaron!

    6) Hurrah for sweet Mama!

    7) I hate it when it gets down to 2 spoons and 3 knives. Those days stink. Cause those days mean there are TONS of dishes to do...:( But I'm glad your roommates are so sweet and did them for you!!!

    8) Oohhhhh Banana pudding!!!!

    9) Have to talked to them and asked when we should come by? I'm kind of trying to plan this weekend out so if they're busy a lot we should plan that in soon.

    10) (I am messing up the order here, I know, it's for good reason) I'm so glad you found your ipod! That's great!

    11) YOU ARE COMING TO SEE ME YOU ARE COMING TO SEE ME YOU ARE COMING TO SEE ME YOU ARE COMING TO SEE ME!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow were you bored or procrastinating homework to take the time to respond to each point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really, really glad your enjoying college and figuring out how the very simplest things in life can provide us the greatest joy. I miss you, but I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete