October 12, 2010

More adventures of the big little kids...

Sorry it has been awhile since I last wrote, so I will try to cover everything if I can remember it all...it's been a bit of a blur.

So for some reason I left out going to Yellowstone the weekend of the 25th of September. That happened between Alisa's birthday party and throwing cereal.

But yes, Keely came home friday afternoon from class and said "So I was sitting in class and decided we're going to Yellowstone tomorrow!" And so we did. Rachel, Cacia, Keely and I hopped in Keely's car and drove two hours to Yellowstone!

Now don't get my wrong, Old Faithful is faithful but awfully stinky and boring. The real fun is playing in ice cold water, skipping rocks and throwing rocks when all else fails. In the end, a big splash and watching the sun set over the Tetons, overlooking a beautiful lake with your roommates is as good as it gets. =]

Keely can water bend with the power of an SLR camera!

My roommates and I! Yes I played in the freezing cold water =]

I turned around and Cacia was like "I want to throw this huge rock!"
So I said "DO IT!!!!!!!!"
She did.

This was the view over the lake, amazing huh?

We throw big rocks!

Us and the Tetons!

So two weekends ago (Oct 1st) Albert and I made the very long, cramped ride down to Provo to see MY SISTER and JESSE!!!!! =D And General Conference!

THE AWESOMEST BROTHER-IN-LAW EVER!!!!!


So the story behind this ice cream is amazing! My sister took me to this place called "Sub Zero Ice Cream" There you pick your base (yogurt, cream, etc) Then you pick flavors! The 1st amazing thing was they had MOUNTAIN DEW FLAVOR!!! Yeah go ahead and guess what kind I had! Wrong! Not just Mountain Dew, but strawberry too! (Oh geez that rhymed...) Then you get a mix in for free! (I got chicklets, b/c they are cool! But NOT in ice cream just fyi....) So they mix all of that up and THEN.....!!!!!! They freeze it with CO2!!!!! And it's all smokey or something and the smoke stuff rolls alllll over the counter and it is THE COOLEST thing next to photography!!!! And that is SAYING SOMETHING! (Can you tell how cool this place is?) It was AWESOME!
So yeah ice cream with my sister, best thing ever!

We quickly realized that Albert, Catherine and I ALL have our mother's crooked middle finger. Now if only we could have her awesome cooking skills, kindness and cuteness!

I love my sister! She's just so darn cute! (She has my mother's cuteness for sure!)

And for Halloween she's dressing up as a doll! (She is also the craftiest person I know! Seriously I am BEYOND jealous of her mad skills!)

And sadly I had to go back to Rexburg, where my dear sister does not live =[

But on the bright side, it rained twice this past week! (Mostly because I love the smell of rain!) And there were double rainbows TWICE in one week!
See? The second one is kind of faint but how pretty! God's promise to never flood the earth again. =]

Wednesday I went on a group date with our guy friends. Bill, Brent, Taylor, Mikey and Peter. I went with Taylor, Mikey went with Nicole, Brent went with my friend Megan and the other 2 picked some girls from their ward I think...

We went to a place called "The Craze" where we played a round of mini golf (We FAIL at mini golf) Then we played two rounds of Lazer Tag, pretended to play in the arcade (because we didn't feel like wasting money on dumb games just to get tootsiepops) And it was much fun! I fail at lazertag too because there were a bunch of 8 year old pros that kicked our butts. Sad day! So then we were gonna go play with whipped cream! But ended up going to the swing and stargazing while Brent played his guitar and we sang along quite poorly and joking around. And it was much fun, the end. =]

Friday Cacia and I did P90X which my roommates have been doing all week. It's a work out video set. We worked out from around 11pm until 1:30am. We worked on abs a little, arms and legs. Ah it felt SO good! I am still a little sore but it was a blast!

Saturday I got bored and found some glow-in-the-dark stars I had drilled holes in from girls camp last summer sooo....I strung them across the room so "every night is a starry one" (not that that is hard in Idaho....) If you can name the quote about starry nights you get 50 bonus points!
Then Rachel and I decided to change our room around!

Now our room is awesome! Not sure why, but we like it this way. And my alarm is across the room now.

My side! =]

Saturday night we got bored and decided to play sardines in the gardens. Now the gardens aren't THAT big but man, in the dark it is HARD! None of us could find Nicole so she just came out. Then Peter hid and 5 of us found him but, but he is not patient so he made us leave and he switched spots. Then he would text one of us where he was hiding next. We ended up laying in some bushes a few times....yeah fun right? And he left again and we all ended up laying in the middle of a field goofing off until we got so cold that we went home.
The guys asked us to feed them on Sunday (since they live in the dorms and the cafeteria isn't open on Sundays, and we're just that nice)

We planned this HUGE dinner for 6 (fairly large guys, Taylor, Brent and Bill are all like 6'2" to give you an idea of size). We spent an hour and a half, making homemade mashed potatoes, peeling, cutting up and mixing them. We made TONS of chicken (Thanks mom for buying me that HUGE bag, we used about half of it) and we warmed up some corn and made rolls, lemonade and punch! (See below, that was after we dug in ourselves)

And they showed up an hour and a half late...
Oh well, but we were quite proud. (I hope mom reads this and smiles because this is totally a mother sized dinner! And it took 6 of us to do this, mom you are AMAZING)

Sunday was pretty dull except Sunday night a few of us went stadium singing, then went to the gardens and chilled while Brent and Peter played songs on their guitars, and stargazed (It still blows my mind how many there are and how pretty they be!) It was alright, just cold.

Oh random news from yesterday! I took a walk with a friend and found out there are some trees behind some apartments a block over that are the same as some back home! (I hope you could keep up with that vague sentence) The line of trees in my back yard by where the blue car is parked. They have some here in Idaho! And i got soooooooooooooooooo excited because they remind me of home and they change colors and drop their leaves and it is wonderful =] =] =] =]

Also yesterday, I went to my Book of Mormon class as per usual and my teacher came up to me and said "Hey I trust you! Can you do me a favor? I need to go pick up my wife so could you start class? (He let me pick the hymn) Just sing this song, go through prayer and testimonies and I hope to be back for the discussion". It went pretty smoothly and come to find out, he had asked one other person to start the discussion in case he didn't get back in time (which he didn't) but he came shortly after. Between the two of us, everything went smoothly. =] It was pretty cool that he trusted me with that and it ended up being a wonderful class as always =]

Finally up to last night! Once again, quite bored so Keely, Nicole and I went and got cookie dough and ice cream! And baked it! (This time we made sure NOT to tell the guys...)

Look how heavenly!

Yeah that lasted all of 3 minutes....maybe!
Grab your spoons and dig in!

Heavenly! Rachel and I ate around a quarter of that because that was our dinner...=]

ALL GONE!
Then we watched "Sweet Home Alabama" and were going to go to bed BEFORE midnight....
But the guys showed up at 11 =/
But I still went to bed a few minutes after midnight! I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!!!!
I was actually fully awake for German! It rocked!

But as for today, nothing big has happened. Went to class, did some homework and now I am catching you up on my life.

Oh and while typing this, Alisa made the toilet overflow and it leaked onto the floor below us. I am not sure what all happened but I heard some screaming, some more screaming. then some deep voice of a plumber or something and lots of racing to get towels. I think it is fixed since there is no more screaming. But to show how lazy I am, I never left my room to find out.

SO I think that is everything thus far, I hope I didn't miss anything.

(Okay ONE LAST STORY) Last night while I was waiting for the guys to leave, I decided to go check my phone, I hopped up and went to my room and I had a missed call from my dear sister and since she rarely calls me, I knew I must call her back immediately! I called her and that dear sister of mine started out "Soooo......Jesse is going away next weekend and I am going to be ALLLLLLLL ALOOOOOONE" She did not have to say another word. I replied "Would you like me to come visit you?" I heard a quick "Yessssssssss!" And so today I made arrangements to go down there next weekend =] (Cacia is going too, to see some friends of her's from back home)
And I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITEDD!!!!!!!!!!! I know I only saw my sister a few weeks ago but she is AMAZING and I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah, um that's it, forreal this time! =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhlWddAXSRA
best video ever!
(We've been quoting this all week, oh and we covered our front door with brown packing paper and we write quotes on it, pictures up later)

"So what are we gonna do tonight you guys?"
Meg

2 comments:

  1. IM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys seriously sound like you lives are one giant party. how do you EVER get school work done????? But oh well, in a few years I will come out there too. and hopefully in 4 years time, BYU-I Will get an architectural program :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete