December 20, 2010

Home Away From Home

Soooo apparently I put too long of posts and no one reads them anymore except Hannah because she is a fast reader; therefore, I will keep this short.

I am back in NC and sleep deprived from over cleaning this past week and packing as well as getting up at 5:30am, to take a bus ride and 2 plane rides to get home and not going to bed until 2am.

Currently I am not tired due to lovely jet-lag.

It's like I am home but not really. I have been warned of this feeling before, but I never fully understood it until now.

Suddenly my room seems childlish, my town seems strangely big, my ward at church seems loud and unfamiliar, and suddenly freedom and responsibility are reversed.

Do not get me wrong, I love being home. It is great to have my close friends nearby and my family around and I absolutely adore hugging people, but it is different. Part of me yearns to be back in Idaho because now part of my heart belongs there, but at the same time, I love the South. The South is amazing with it's culture and awesome food and hospitality that you cannot find anywhere else.

It is home, but not completely.

I will embrace it to the best of my ability but until then, I must learn to accept that home is where the people you care about reside. And now my heart resides with people all over the country, spreading from East to West with the friends I have made and the people I have met and grown to love.

"This is strangely involuntary." -Sarah
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment