December 27, 2010

Words of Wisdom

You know what makes me sad? You do!

Maybe we should chug on over to man-be-pam-be land where maybe we can find some self confidence for you, you jack wagon!

AND SOME FASHION SENSE!

Today we (mother, my dear brothers and myself) went out shopping and being in warm North Carolina, I decided to dress cutely for my own self satisfaction. Nothing too much. A white v-neck w/ my new bright blue vest (my dear mother bought me on her own, I am so proud!), w/ a brown belt, dark blue jeans and my new brown boots. I would show you a picture, but I lost my memory card for my camera =/ Plus I don't want to be a narcissists like some *cough*cough* whom put 6 pictures of themselves at the exact same angles every single day.....but that is just me.

All the same, being out and about in this great 40 degree weather, what do I see but North Face jackets and UGG boots on EVERY SINGLE girl. I wish I was exaggerating, I REALLY do but every single girl was wearing them. After the 3rd time I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't the same girl I had seen at the other store. And let's face it, I think there is a reason they are called "UGG's" it's because you look at them, and after the millionth time of seeing them you're still sick of them, just like the first time you saw them.

Now I understand that North Face jackets are very nice and UGGs are warm but seriously, this is ridiculous. There are so many other wonderful clothes you can wear, not like there are a million clothing stores and new designs constantly being created every day (if you don't believe me, I can think of at least 3 reality shows that would prove me right).
Idaho is proof that you can be warm and fashionable! It's not hard! It really isn't. So please, stop this awful norm and go buy yourself some nice cute clothes that show you are more mature than that. It seriously blends the middle schoolers with the high schoolers and even on occasion young wives.
It makes you look like you are too lazy to take pride in your appearance and honestly, you just look like everyone else. You are not being "unique". You are boring, dull, uninteresting and you could easily spend that $140 that you spent on your UGGs for many other better things.

Just sayin.

I am grateful to my dear sister who always taught me to not give into such sick norms. She also taught me the trick to good fashion (which I later heard quoted on one of those fashion reality shows my roommates used to watch) which is to try things on, just because they don't look good on the hanger doesn't mean they won't look good on you. (Unless the print is really hideous, then it should be shredded, ripped up, burned and burried deep under ground). But try things on regardless, you never know what you might find. So thank you Catherine for inspiring me. I love you!

"How did Dumbledore learn so much about Voldemort?
He facebook stalked him
Facebook friend request: DENIED"
Meg

1 comment:

  1. haha, you give me a lot of credit!!! if I taught you anything at all, then you definitely used it well and learned to do your own thing! I love the way you dress :D and I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete