December 14, 2010

One Thought At A Time

I feel like I have not written anything other than just random blips on my life here and there but honestly life has been rather plain this week, minus going to Taco Bell, playing video games for 5 minutes, going to dinner with the crew (roommates and the guys), and running errands with people. And of course your every day church stuff. Today I went to class, came home, slept, did homework, went to class again, came home, slept, and hung out with my roommates while doing homework. Oh and watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". I love that movie! It makes me laugh =D And I hadn't seen it in months which made for a nice change.

Right now I am taking a break from said homework/studying to rest a little. I took two naps today and I am still tired. Yes I know, I am a crazy sleep deprived college student, what is new? But today I had an interesting experience. So twice a year I get these RIDICULOUS mood swings where I am pretty sure I would be diagnosed as crazy because one minute I'm fine, the next I'm extremely angry, then sad, then worried, happy, giddy, loud, quiet, loony, you name it, I go through it. And normally at home I just lock myself in my room for a few days until it passes. But here people expect you to interact with them. This is a BAD idea.

Luckily nothing has been permanently damaged though I do miss that punching bag at home, my right hook is rusty. =[ Nah it hasn't been too bad but mixed with sleep deprivation and caffeine, it makes for an overly hyper, bouncy kid version of me telling everyone in my phone that I love them to bits. Or as many people as I can fit into one text message. Yeah that happened for about an hour today, I'm not sure if I should be glad or annoyed that I was trapped in my math class today for most of it. We weren't doing anything big in class but it was alright.

But tonight was fun. Kind of a run down of what we did Saturday night (Cacia, Alisa and I). I guess I should tell you about Saturday night, it was quite amusing. Alisa, Cacia and I were hanging out, goofing off and they started talking about your natural laugh. Apparently to see your natural laugh, you lay down with your hands across your chest with someone on top of you. They push down on your arms just as you are breathing out and for some reason it makes you laugh. It is weird but it works! It's also funny to watch and laughing is addicting to the point where you're beginning to cry. The best part was it was 1am and Keely and Nicole weren't home. But they walk in with Cacia over Alisa and Keely's face is just pure shock and priceless. Keely looks at me and when I see her face of surprise I just bust out laughing until we're all dying with tears in our eyes and then Nicole walks in with the four of us laughing our heads off and she is looking quite confused which makes us laugh even harder. I am sure I am not portraying the moment very well but I promise, it was one of the best!

Then tonight Brent and Peter came over so us girls could play Call of Duty (though sadly I had homework) and after they left somehow we started reminiscing about this weekend. And the laughing game came up so Keely and Nicole and Rachel were like "I wanna try!" And then Alisa came out so we were all doing it and laughing until tears were coming out of our eyes. As Keely would say "I'm leaking!". I sure am going to miss these girls. Rachel has a deep grumble, so does Alisa, kind of like she is choking. Keely's sounds like some sort of cute animal, like a chuckle. Nicole and I sound alike in chipmunks that just sucked too much helium and are going to die from laughing. But according to Ariana Coombs, I laugh like mom. I guess that is a good thing since mom is so darn cute! But yeah I guess that is life.

Man I am really tired but I still have Book of Mormon homework to do. Yay finals.................yeah. I'll just drink some soda, I should be ok.

And I come home on Saturday! I am reallllly excited! I miss y'all crazy North Carolinian's. Y'all are completely amazing. Man I kinda wish I was mad right now because anyone who knows me, knows I am ridiculously Southern when I'm angry. Everyone here says I don't really have an accent but I don't sound like I'm from Idaho which is a good thing I guess.

Oh and just this weird random little pet peeve I've picked up. The word is FOR! F-O-R! Not Fur! It's only "fur" if you're speaking German. Get it right! I dunno if it's a Western thing or not, I never noticed it back in NC but it is FOR! OR, FOR!!!! BORE! CORE! You don't say "ur" or "cur" F-O-R. Yeah sorry I seriously don't know why but that has been bothering me to no end.

All the same, I love y'all so much and can't wait to be back in the South East <3 Ah geez, I am feeling so Southern right now that I want to leave the g's off of endings and make everything slang, but I won't for sanity's sake. But does it not sound so good to say "I live in the South East"? Middle of the Bible belt where people don't whack you for saying "ma'am" Seriously! Someone told me they got yelled at for calling someone "ma'am". I dunno, that was always respectful back home. But yeah, crazy people. Ah nostalgia, I am thinking in a Southern accent in my head right now. Like I just said "right" like Mrs. Maxey does. "That Riiiiiiiiiiiight angle". Yeah it's that many i's when she says it. All the same, I am off to go study the scriptures and ponder my life over this semester (I'm PRETTY sure that is what my homework says to do....)

Laughter is the best medicine
No really it is
Don't disagree with me
I might whack you one
Or laugh until I cry
Yeah.
Meg

P.S. I love the South <3

No comments:

Post a Comment