December 11, 2010

More moments like this

make me love my life. =]

So this evening I have been just chillin at the apartment with my roommate Rachel when my phone starts spazzing because I have a call. Who from? My dear little brother.

Aaron was quite upset and I could hear a noisy little munchkin in the background. Aaron sounding quite frantic explained that Bennett would not go to sleep though he had tried everything.

Rule #1) Don't freak out, children can smell fear!

I went through the routine list of offering him a bottle, little snack (as a last resort, kids do NOT need sugar), little show, more stories, etc.

But Bennett kept yelling "NO!"

Finally I had Aaron put me on speaker phone to talk to Bennett. Eventually I convinced him to watch a little show with Aaron and then go to bed.

This made my night. I am not sure why. Maybe it's because Aaron called ME on how to handle children, or that Bennett actually listened to me even though I was over the phone, or that I knew exactly what to do even though I haven't talked to any little kids in months.

Either way, this made my night. =] I wouldn't trade the knowledge and skills that I learned from those 3 little boys, for anything in the world. =]

Also it was weird to talk baby talk for the first time in months. I am quite sure I sounded ridiculous, now I know how mothers must feel. But yeah, I am happy now.

I can't wait to see those little boys when I come home. Oh I hope they don't forget me, not yet anyway.

I want a cheese burger
Megs

1 comment:

  1. I love you I love you I love you I love you. But you know that doesn't even come close to how I feel about you. I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU! I thinking hanging out with you for eternity will be awesome sauce.

    ReplyDelete