December 16, 2010

Last Night With A Family Of Misfit Girls

Not really, but we are all quite unique in our own ways. but before I get too deep into the sentimental world of my roommates, just a quick story of my ego and confusion.

Alright so yesterday Cacia and I went to the store to get tubs to pack stuff away and we come back to Rachel being the only one home and asleep. Cacia starts working on her present for Alisa and I help some but mostly I am bored and hungry. So Drew and I decide to hang out.

We were going to go to a movie but none of them started until 9 and we had an hour to kill. Me being moody and craving stuff wanted a BURGER! Considering I have had only ONE burger this semester....and I had already been to Sammy's before. So we decide to go to this place called "Big Jud's" 15 minutes out down this never ending road until you feel like you're in the middle of nowhere, but you're sort of in a neighborhood.

But I digress, we end up getting this 1lb hamburger that is HUGE, like 10 inches long and we split it. The more impressive part is we ate the whole thing, and THEN got ice cream on top of it. Now here is where my ego comes in, I ate just as much as Drew and he is 5'10" and twice my weight. Heck yeah I am a fatty! But my confusion is WHERE DOES IT GO????????? I look at myself and my stomach doesn't even so much as blurp out a bit. I have no clue.....this mystery intrigues me! I have no idea where it goes or how it fits in me and if you saw that burger, it looked bigger than me. All the same as we were leaving it was snowing like crazy and Drew has a stick shift so we had to drive crazy slow but that's ok because we still had our ice cream to eat anyway. We ended up missing our movie but we both had homework so we both went back to our apartments. But it was fun and I still can't believe I ate half of that huuuuuge burger.

Back to my darling roommates.

Cacia is the ball of energy, she is hyper and always bursting with joy. Even when she is angry, she seems happy! I am not kidding. I was sitting in my room the other day and I hear her say "I am so angry!" but in a tone where you would think she just found some cookies. All the same, I love being around her because then I am bubbly too.

Alisa is a worrier. She is probably the smartest of us all school wise but she is always worrying about where things are, when to get them done and all that. She also is kind of spazzy and freaks out easily which adds greatly to our entertainment. Between her and Cacia, the laughter never stops.

Rachel is straight up hilarious. If there is a joke to be made, Rachel is always on top of it. She has taught us all how to laugh at ourselves even when we are stressed. She is easy to relate to, so no worries about having deep conversations. She covers both funny and serious, which is pretty awesome.

Keely is the day brightener and kind of the glue that holds us together. She is our sanity when we all think we are going to go crazy from lots of pms and school work. She is the one that reminds us to breathe and have fun as well. Without her, I think we would all go insane in a bad way.

Nicole can be quiet at first. Like me, she doesn't open up easily but when she does, she is a blast. She is goofy and fun and has the cutest clothes ever! If I could, I would steal her wardrobe in a heartbeat. I could probably fit a good bit of it too. All the same, she is fun and just a joy to have around, reminding us, it's okay to let loose and be silly sometimes.

Sadly, tonight was our last night all together. Cacia and Alisa leave tomorrow. I am going to miss these girls immensely. They have taught me a great deal and I have been blessed to get along as well with them as I have. Though in moments of mood swings, we can all get under each others skin, at the end of the day, it's the chats at 1am about heaven knows what that makes it all worth it. Tonight all of us except Keely (She has an early class tomorrow) hung out in Alisa and Cacia's room and had a grand old time, bonding over whatever weird things girls can come up with at 2am. It was fun as ever and I am glad I got to share this semester with them. I am going to miss them but I know this will not be the last time I see them. They will always be in my hearts, sisters from across the country, I love these girls and they are my family here.

Eat a burger
Stay up late
Laugh your head off
Embrace the crazy
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment