January 10, 2012

In the Midst of It All

Not going to lie to you, I have no idea what I am about to write so I guess we shall see where this takes us.

I have had a great deal on my mind lately. 2012 is going to be a year of lots of changes.

Any day my baby nephew is going to arrive. I am getting anxious to meet him!

Somehow even though I am only a part time student and working part time I manage to keep busy.

I am still holding onto my New Years resolution to work out everyday (or at least Monday-Friday).

I have been thinking about the future a great deal. I even planned out all the classes I want to take over the next 5-6 semesters. I am excited though slightly nervous for the classes I am going to take. I hope they challenge me as a photographer and an artist.

There are many things I desire above all else and I am learning where my priorities lie. I have a desire to try out new recipes and be able to cook more than 10 meals. I always want to be with Garett, building our relationship, but I also want his happiness whether that be finishing his homework or taking a nap after a long day. I am learning that I have more patience than I realize and though I am still somewhat selfish in nature, Garett's needs come before what I want.

I am always reminded how life is from a quote from "What A Girl Wants". As Daphne heads out on her own she tells her mom that up until that point, her mom had been writing her story for her and now she was going to take things into her own hands and start writing her own story.

We start out and life is written out for us: preschool, elementary, middle and high school. As you go on you get a little more freedom. Once you hit college or whatever path you choose you start writing your own story. If you choose college then you have a few more years of at least a little structure and then after that you are free flying headed wherever you choose. I know I am not too close to that yet, but the idea of already being half way through college is strange. Realizing I have been in Rexburg for quite a long time and I am no longer new in any such manner. It is strange yet satisfying....I apologize, I am yammering on.

I guess what I am trying to get at is life should never be boring or monotonous, if it is then we are not learning like we should. Being in college I take things by semester and try to figure out what I am supposed to be learning. I cannot lie to you, it is not always easy, it is only fun about half the time, but it is ALWAYS worth it. I hope you can figure out what you are supposed to be learning. I recommend praying with a sincere heart. No matter what time of day, if you have a few minutes to spare go and pray. It will make a world of difference. And then listen with a strong desire to know the truth and sacrificing the natural man in you to let go if what you want to hear instead of what you need to hear.

Good Luck to you all.

Always Learning,
Meg






2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate the comment that life should never be boring, or we're not learning what we should be learning--I think that's true! We need to take dull moments and learn from them, or use them as an opportunity to start learning something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Catherine's comment. This post is brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete