January 7, 2012

A Year In Review

I know this is slightly late, but hey at least it is not February yet.
I decided to take a look back over 2011 to see what I have learned and experienced.

I spent my first off track semester in NC where I got to spend time with old friends.
Start a work out habit.
Enjoyed a RIDICULOUSLY warm winter.
Ate some new food, invested in warm clothes.
Stocked up on important things like magnets and mugs.
Did TONS of puzzles with my dear mother.
Jumped in puddles and watched Aaron get his braces off.

Also on my off track I got a new phone.
Tried having bangs for a little while.
Spent quality time with some adorable boys.
Ate WAY too many doughnuts.
Learned a little about Japanese characters.
Ate more food and discovered cupcake piggy banks
(Please say that 10 times fast!)

I finished off my off track after working as a smoothie make/cashier at the YMCA
and headed to Utah for a week.
During that time I had many discoveries.
I learned of AMAZING Mexican food (Cafe Rio) and amazing Thai food!
I discovered Cheerwine Popsicles, Just Dance for Wii and that playing in colored powder was truly as awesome as I dreamed it would be. 
There is nothing like sneezing purple for 3 days and watching Koolaid colored water cover the tub from washing your hair.
I learned I hate living alone for a week
and enjoyed General Conference with my siblings.

Spring semester was an unknown blessing.
I met one of my best friends Nikki and played dress up with her. 
I learned to sew.
My mother enjoyed sending me Easter stuff.
I moved to the 3rd floor of my complex.
We enjoyed Sunday Night Desserts and I had some awesome roommates.
I got addicted to cheese 
and saw the tallest stack of mountain dew cans I have EVER seen.

I learned that peeps are meant to be burned to death.
That blankets and water balloons make for great adventures.
NEVER do the cinnamon challenge
or the whipped cream game in doors. 
Supported my semi-apartment volleyball team
and met some awesome people.

Finishing up my spring semester:
I met some fairies,
cut my hair off,
wore a giant diaper,
was a model for a day,
ripped my favorite jeans,
met a cute puppy named Moose,
climbed a building,
painted myself,
conducted a surprise party
and took lots of walks.

While at home I played and enjoyed a little TOO much the summer rain 
and learned to spray paint

In the summer I said goodbye for now to my best friends in NC,
said goodbye to my hometown
and ate MORE Krispy Kream.
Back to school I played Glow-In-The-Dark Hide-N-Go-Seek.
Learned you CAN freeze eggs, 
saw the best fireworks show of my entire life
and spent quality time with my best friend Rachel.

On a side note, through out the year I started doing photo shoots for friends and clients.
I got to work with some amazing young men and women and for various reasons.
I have to say my work is improving constantly.

And to wrap up my year,
I learned to be gansta (Thanks Jaide!)
I began enjoying the privilege of having my family 3 1/2 hours away.
I got to watch my sister grow her first baby boy,
went to my first BMX contest,
had the BEST roommates of all time,
ate some treats, partied with friends
and began my personal scripture counter.

Not to mention I began learning to cook (and I actually like to!)

And of course met my best friend and boyfriend Garett Bonds.

All in all this has been a wonderful year.
A year of firsts and experiences I hope never to forget.
I know there was probably much more learning spiritually and mentally but I shall save that for another post on another day.
If you actually read this whole thing my hat is off to you.
Speaking of which I am craving old movies and pickles.
Hope you had a wonderful year and maybe now you will reflect back on the adventures you had.
My love goes out to all of you.
Thanks to many of you for sharing these adventures with me.
TTFN Ta Ta For Now

-Meg



Posted by Picasa

1 comment: