February 7, 2011

Memories, Memories

Okay so before I get to the picture frenzy that came from my photography nightmares last night and my gratefulness that they weren't real, I must tell you the CUTEST story ever!

Today at work this little girl (probably around 5 years old), blonde hair, blue eyes, came up to me and asked what she could get with the change in her hand. Looking down, she was holding about 6 pennies. (The cheapest things we have are 75 cents). Jay (The janitor, this big black guy who happens to be the biggest, sweetest teddy bear you'll ever meet) notices this little girls' dilemma. So he walks over and asks if she would like a smoothie. She nods, clearly excited by the idea. Jay says he will pay for it. I ask her which one she wants (but not really being able to read, she chooses the first one I mention, giddy as can be). So I start to make her smoothie and her eyes get huge with excitement. You know, the wide, adorable eyes that only kids can make? Yeah.

As I am making it, one of the life guards comes up to get a smoothie too. As she is standing there waiting, the little girl looks up at her, then points to the smoothie and says "That one is mine!!!" The life guard laughs and agreed that she is getting a good smoothie. So I finish the smoothie and then hand it to her. She thanks me and bounces off happy as could be. I turned to Jay and thanked him for his kindness.

And yeah so that basically just made my heart melt! She was so cute and Jay was so sweet and it made my whole night worth it. After all the other frustrating customers, she was my favorite and she made my whole night better. Plus it is nice to know there is still some compassion left in this world. It reminds me of that show Undercover Boss. They seem to find the NICEST people as employees and often I feel the same way. I am surrounded by the sweetest, kindest people at work and I love it, it makes work a WHOLE lot easier. =]

Okay onto my picture frenzy. For the record I do have photography nightmares about losing my memory card after getting a new camera & finding every other size and shape memory card BUT mine. Or not having my camera for an AMAZING photography opportunity. I wake up gasping and depressed, and then glad that it wasn't real. So I felt it was clearly time to pull out my camera.

I finally started using my weights again! And doing sit-ups and all that good stuff.


My awesome bag that I love! Can you spot my sudoku book?
(My Kenken book was in the living room this morning)


I cleaned my room and my bed is made =D
Seeing this makes me want to jump on it, how about you?

This is me dressing down, and bored. Waiting for mom to finish her stuff so we can watch a MOVIE! (We watched a B&W Lucile Ball murder mystery, it was AWESOME)

This just kinda looked cool. =]
(Below)

Grr?

So my thought process here is "I love my camera! HUGS!"
(I also love hugs!)


Been working on my scripture study. I kinda got out of practice when I came home. But I'm improving. =] It's called "learning to go to bed at a decent hour and planning accordingly".


My shoe fell like this and I thought it was pretttttttty awesome!

Side view!

ZOOM!

Picture frenzy. Love of shoes, love of photography. Enough said.

And again!

Fun with DoF (Depth of Field)

Gonna wipe off the dust and put these to good use.

Random picture collage on my floor! Because I can!

Ah the memories from all those projects! It makes me want to go take pictures RIGHT NOW!!
I love photography SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! If I could hug it, I would!
Also I am taking some of these with me to decorate my bedroom when I go back to Idaho. =]
Six and a half weeks!

Doritos
Pickles
Bananas
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Salsa
Cravings
Yum
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment