November 14, 2010

I laughed so hard I think I have a 6 pack

Basically I had a wonderful weekend =]

Rachel White (Elizabeth Moss's cousin) came up from Provo Thursday night. (She couldn't find a Friday ride surprisingly). Plus she got here an hour and a half early! She hadn't eaten anything on the way up therefore, we decided to make some dinner. Rachel is a great deal like my friend Kris, in the sense she experiments with food. We ended up making angel hair noodles with cream of chicken, garlic powder, salt, pepper and corn. It was DELICIOUS!!! Then Brent came over to make cookies but it was more like Rachel and I were making them/having a flour fight and Brent just put some of them on the cookie tray.

It reminded me of "Uptown Girls" where they make cookies and they tell Molly to put them in the oven and while she is doing that the friends ask "Are you sure she can handle this?" and her best friend says "Don't worry girls, it's just cookie mix, how badly could she screw it up?" (The next scene is of the oven with flames coming out of it and everyone is screaming) But don't worry, we didn't burn the cookies at all =D But we were both tired after that and stayed in and watched some chick flicks.

Friday Rachel came with me to my Book of Mormon class. Her and Clarissa (one of the girls I sit next to and also my "companion" when we go teach lessons for class) got along quite well. Our assignment for the next two classes is to reread the talks we read at the beginning of the semester and then discuss them in our group of 5 people. (It sounds like my teacher won't be here which will be interesting...)

Then we decided we wanted to make dinner, this AWESOME salsa stuff but we needed avocado, tomato and green onion. So we walked to Albertson's. And that is a BIT of a walk! But it was lots of good exercise and we had fun especially the random people that yell hey to you from their cars as you walk by. We came back and made this:

Homemade salsa! It is kidney beans, tomato, onion, avocado, green beans (we didn't have corn), lime juice (we didn't have lemon), cilantro, salt, pepper and garlic pepper. It was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See how yummy it looks?

Then we walked again but this time to The Cocoa Bean and we got an Irish Caminilla Frappe.
YUMMY!

See?

And a Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcake!!!
You know you want this! But too bad!

And my mommy sent my lots of sharpies so Rachel and I had a sharpie party! We drew lots and lots of pictures! I was in such a giddy mood from this! I think the sharpies got to us because we died laughing and I was too giddu for my own good, I was nearly bouncing off the walls!

AND RACHEL BROUGHT CHEERWINE!!!!!
This is exactly what it looks like =D

We did origami! And taught each other different things

She taught me this nifty thing and also one with 6 sheets and it makes a box!


Saturday we went to the gardens to take some pictures and we did though it was quite cold, we ran back to get my gloves and my remote for my camera. While looking around for a place to take pictures......I am not sure who instigated it......but I think we both looked at each other, read each others minds and instantaneously grabbed some snow off the table, patted it together and threw it! We spent about 20 minutes running around getting snow everywhere and making ourselves even colder! But finally we settled down and took some pictures.

Pretty Rachel!

I can fly! Shhhh it's a secret.

Besties! =D

And I went in the library for the first time!!! (Normally I just go upstairs just to mount prints but not IN the library part) Rachel was trying to do homework but the computer didn't have the program she needed.

Instead we made Arizona Skillet Dinner and it tasted SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!! =D =D =D =D
Then I took her to Sammy's and we had a Mint Oreo Pie Shake and listened to the band and I saw a kid from my Book of Mormon class.

We went home and decided to make pizookie but we knew we couldn't eat it all so we invited Clarissa over. We had a little TOO much fun making the cookie dough, and making a practice test (because the altitude does weird stuff to food here). The cookie was HUGE! I wish I had a picture. We of course smothered it in ice cream and chocolate syrup. But we only ate around a third of it (not being hungry after Arizona Skillet and Sammy's). But we decided to sign the door
while making fun of some really dumb chick flicks such as "Dear John" "500 Days of Summer" and "Charlie St.Cloud"

Thanks to mom for sending me ALLLL those pretty colored sharpies! We had to keep the door open to write, so we froze, plus being hyped up on sugar and then working with sharpies sent us into a rage of laughter where I don't think we breathed for a good 30 minutes, if only barely.
If I don't have some amazing abs after this weekend I will be quite upset.

After all the laughter we settled down to introduce Clarissa to the show "Chuck" and watched 17 Again until Clarissa had to leave and I fell asleep on the couch.

Today we all had cold showers because "Luke Warm" took the place of "warm" today. =[ Anyway we had church but it was snowing really hard when we left so 6 of us packed in Nicole's TINY car then we couldn't find parking so we had to drive to the other side of campus but we took the long way plus the window kept fogging up. It was QUITE the adventure but we ended up parking by the girl dorms. Church was good and we came back and hung out and watched Psych until Rachel had to leave.

FUN WEEKEND! THE END!

"Oh and he died too"
Meg



2 comments:

  1. Lime juice is always better than lemon juice for salsa! Funny, you talk about food a lot in your blog. Did you notice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to have another sharpie party
    (notice how slow I am to read blogs, and then I go on a commenting splurge? You know you love it.)

    ReplyDelete