November 17, 2010

We Live Life on Porches and Swing Life Away

If you don't know the song from my title, check it out. (Sorry it's not a great version of the song)
I like this song, not sure why, maybe it just reminds me of growing up with everyone still at home. Plus I have spent many a summer days lying on our porch swing back home just contemplating life in general.

Now, do not take this the wrong way, I love Idaho, I love everything about Idaho (except the wind) and I love the people and spirit of the campus. I love my roommates and I love the freedom of being here on my own. But lately I just miss me time. I know I have said it before but it's because I get so little of it. Even when I'm in my room alone, people are STILL around regardless. In that sense, I am actually kind of looking forward to this break, though yes it may be a little scary having my apartment to myself; I still know Albert is less than 100 feet away. But mostly I want to be alone, just for awhile. I feel like my mind is kind of boggled because I have lots to focus on that I don't have time to sort it out without my thought process being interrupted by a giggle or someone walking in, or my stomach growling or the wind blowing.

I am ready to unwind, I am ready for this break, to relax and free my mind. Sorry to anyone if I've been short with them or angsty, I just have a great deal on my mind, and unlike Albert and Catherine, I have yet to master it or appear to have mastered it.

I recommend to all of you, to take a walk, unwind, let your mind flow openly and let go of your fears, worries, and doubts for just 10 minutes. It will make a world of difference. If you need, pick a favorite song and just sing along, no one has to hear, it is just you and the music.

I'm grateful for songs like these, that remind me of the past, that allow me to relax as much as I can within these four walls that I now call home.

I love you all, and miss you. I can't wait to see Catherine and Jesse next week and the rest of you in December, a month from tomorrow.

You'll come back when it's over,
No need to say goodbye
you'll come back when it's over
Meg

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THAT SONGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! And thank you so so so much for letting me be able to comment. I love the new back grounds!! "Two birds on a wire
    One tries to fly away. And the other watches him close from that wire. He says he wants to as well, But he is a liar."

    ReplyDelete