November 28, 2010

Wanderings down the never ending road...

It's funny how being alone with your own thoughts makes you contemplate many a things that you never even realized you thought about. But when you look closely, you have been thinking about all those things quietly in the back of your mind the whole time. When you finally say your thoughts out loud, they sound more familiar than you expect. Thoughts are a strange and curious thing. I cannot speak for all women or any guys at all for that matter, but I find it amazing how my brain connects every little thing, from one point to the next without even flinching. A smooth string of thoughts, each quite different from the first but all connected by a word or memory.

I realized this the other day while talking to my friend Rachel on the phone. Yes I know I was not alone but while talking to her I came to this realization. The mind is a vast and mysterious place and I can barely contemplate how it holds everything together. No wonder girls or people in general are as confused as they are; our minds are intense! Bless those doctors souls that study the brain, my brain might just explode taking in what those doctors learn.

All the same, I am grateful for the time I have had for reflection. There is a reason we are taught to keep journals. Mainly I have mom's memory, no offense mom but like you, and sometimes even dad, I have to write everything down because I will probably forget about it; this going back to our minds are complex and I easily can get lost in my own thoughts. If I have ever zoned out while talking to you, I am sorry, it was due to my brain making all these weird connections into other things. But also because writing out your thoughts helps you to organize your feelings and emotions. Or at least mine for that matter.

Maybe that is why I like chick flicks, because they always talk about their ridiculous 250,000 emotions they somehow are managing to feel all at once and I sit there thinking "THAT'S ME!" Like I said, minds are crazy, especially mine. I hope this gets better when I get older but I somehow doubt that it will, but let me hope. =D

But I hope each of you have had time to sit down and reflect on your own lives. You may learn even more about yourself. I know I have.

I never thought I would say this,
but 28 degrees is warm!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment