November 21, 2010

What are men to rocks and mountains?

Today has been quite a lovely day! My alarm technically went off on time but I didn't get up for 20 minutes, leaving me 20 minutes to get ready (or so I thought). But being my brilliant self, showered the night before and got ready with ease and grace and looked rather cute if I do say so myself. I tried calling Albert to make sure we were walking to church together, but someone forgot to turn their phone back on......and off I went on my own, up the hill to church. I power walked it in my high heeled boots and got there about the same time as the cars that were driving the same way. I was quite proud of myself.

All the same, as I was walking up, who did I see but Brent and Bill! I was quite surprised they hadn't left for Burley already but according to Brent they were too lazy and tired to drive, therefore they slept yesterday to rest up. We got to church to find that half the stake had been told 9am and the other 9:30am. And after being quite good and getting there on time and everything. But we just relaxed for a bit and chatted. I felt more than usually small sitting next to two 6'4" guys plus Brent's shoes were about twice the size of mine. Talk about overwhelming, luckily they are all easy and I am pretty sure I was sitting next to the two coolest guys there. (They are so fun!) Albert came later and I did not see him until after sacrament.

Church ended up having sacrament, then 3 Sunday schools, but based on seating I didn't have to move, but Brent and Bill left to go home before the snow got too bad. Then for Relief Society, we were in the same room. I got to sit in the same seat for 3 hours....that was fun. (This was the same room we had Catherine's wedding reception in by the way). But church was quite good and I got my Temple Recommend but I still need to get the Stake President to sign it.

This afternoon was nice, I came back and I made Albert and I wraps with chicken, lettuce, ranch dressing and salsa on top. It was YUMMY. I even got to talk to my dear sister today =] Ah how I love talking to her.

And now I am watching Pride and Prejudice. Albert watched the first half with me. The snow started this morning and has yet to stop, but it is not to stop until Wednesday and then it is going to be a high of 9 degrees. I am a tad nervous but I kind of like the snow. It makes the break seem homely and warm. I desperately wish to have the classic Christmas movies, while curled up in a blanket on the couch, drinking hot cocoa. What a wonderful thought.

Anyway, this weather is making me quite happy, at least until school starts back up next week. Plus in the evening, Idaho gives off this beautiful pinkish glow of the sun setting behind the thick snowy clouds and it is a gorgeous site.

But now I am off to go drink some milk (I have most of a gallon to drink by Wednesday, as if it is a challenge though), Man I wish I had some cinnamon bears right now. Maybe I shall eat some chocolate (teeheehee). I bought some yesterday for the first time since I've been here. =D I forgot how happy it makes you feel =D =D =D

Now to go finish a letter. I promise to write you all that are far from Rexburg at present.Oh and I think the people in this whole complex have decided that since most people are gone that they must make up for the noise, for they have been running up and down their apartment and the breezeways to no end. It has never been this loud since I've been here, what is this craziness? Oh well. I love y'all dearly.

Jack:
You are not to talk of Miss Cardew like that. I don’t like it.
Algernon: Well, I don’t like your clothes. You look perfectly ridiculous in them. Why on earth don’t you go up and change? It is perfectly childish to be in deep mourning for a man who is actually staying for a whole week with you in your house as a guest. I call it grotesque.
Jack: You are certainly not staying with me for a whole week as a guest or anything else. You have got to leave… by the four-five train.
Algernon: I certainly won’t leave you so long as you are in mourning. It would be most unfriendly. If I were in mourning you would stay with me, I suppose. I should think it very unkind if you didn’t.
Jack: Well, will you go if I change my clothes?
Algernon: Yes, if you are not too long. I never saw anybody take so long to dress, and with such little result.
Jack: Well, at any rate, that is better than being always over- dressed as you are.
Algernon: If I am occasionally a little over-dressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment