April 18, 2011

Findings: New Life

I have been here in Rexburg for a tad over two weeks now and I'm finally starting to enjoy it.

The first week I spent filling out application after application, turning them in only to hear they are not hiring (due to Rexburg being small and the amount of places to work being even smaller). You could probably sum up my first week here as: boring, tedious and frustrating. But no worries, things are looking up.

Last Tuesday (the 12th), I moved into my new apartment. One of my new roommates was already residing here; her name is Nikki and she is my actual roommate. It's always hard to explain the difference between your actual roommate and your fellow apartment-ates or people that share the same apartment as you. Either way she is my roommate. Given, she was not my roommate at first. When I first arrived, her old roommate was staying with her to keep her company so I originally moved to the back room. After getting along rather well though, I decided to move into her room.

I must say, we get along quite well. We are both short and tiny, as well as heavy sleepers, night owls, and from the East coast! =D (She is from Georgia!) She is a year older than me but on the same semester as myself after taking a year off after she graduated. She will be 20 in a few weeks and has NEVER had a party before (guess who is going to change that ;D)

All the same, her and I get along. Lately we have been doing most everything together. (I figure it is good to get to know the person you are going to share your living space with for the next four months, right?) Today we are going to go pick up her books and then attempt to go find our classrooms around on campus. (Sadly it is also currently raining).

(Okay I'll try to keep the rest of this post short)

Yesterday we had church for the first time as the BYU-I 1st Stake, 6th Ward. From what I saw, it seems we do not have any guys from Biddoulph (the guy dorms) in our ward but we are currently with Delta Phi (men's housing between my apartment and Colonial. See below).


Which makes me happy because that means less Pre-mi's. Which reminds me, since not everyone has moved in yet, we managed to fit our whole ward in one room for Sunday school. It was quite a feat and I was impressed, though hopefully it will be bigger next week.

In other news, two more roommates have moved in. Kaylin moved in four days ago, I believe. She is lots of fun, and though not from the South, she considers herself a redneck. She rides dirt bikes, four-wheelers and can play the didgeridoo!!!!! Yes, I know. Now that your jaws are dropped to the floor, pick um back up. Yeah so she is pretty much awesome! =D She's also our new Relief Society president. I think she is pretty great.

My other roommate here, is Jaide. I have yet to really meet her since Albert and I went to David Stephens' for dinner yesterday when she was moving in.

Do y'all remember Elder Stephens from 4 years ago? Well he is married now with a one month old baby boy named Benjamin. I got to hold the baby, hehehe, he was SO cute and very quiet surprisingly.

I guess the point of the this is basically to say I REALLY like my roommates thus far and I am getting extremely excited for this semester! (not so much class wise though).

Random side note, I have found that people who stay in Mountain Pines tend to always stay on the same floor so everyone seems to know at least a few other people except me. I am not complaining one bit though because this ward comes off as pretty awesome. (Our bishop looks like George Costanza from Seinfeld!) Yup, so I am actually very glad I switched floors and I am certain I will have a great time with my crazy awesome roommies.

Love y'all!
Mom did you actually read all of this?
Megs

3 comments:

  1. Yes I did. I am so glad you are having a great time. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it all too! I'm so glad you get along well with your new roommate! :D I love youuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooooooooove yoooou juuuuuuusttt leeeeeeeetinnnggggg youuuuuuu kkkkkknoooooooooooooowwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete