April 9, 2011

It's the small things that count

When was the last time you stopped to enjoy those small moments in your life?

Like enjoying some chunky peanut butter with a spoon and a blanket on the couch away from the cold.

Or the smell of lotion when you put it on.
And it reminds you of the beautiful day that awaits you.

Or the enjoyment of settling in to your new home.
Or at least getting excited about settling in soon.

The best is when you get a great deal on the best cheese.
Pepper Jack of course!

TWO pounds of pepper jack, what could be better?

(Aaron, I can just imagine you going to town on this block of cheese)

Getting some munchy food and lunch stuff (it's in the fridge, not pictured)
And getting a ride back from the store with 2 nice guys. Oh how I missed the nice people of Rexburg.

Finding a lost box is a great feeling!
Now to get pots and pans so that I can actually use this stuff is another matter..

The pretty day that awaits outside my window

Even when it turns into the largest snow flakes you have ever seen

I wish I could show you how large these snow flakes were
They were at LEAST quarter sized.

Doing laundry is rather pleasant and satisfying
Except for having to put it away...

Working out!
This is my "I'm going to feel this tomorrow" face but it's so satisfying knowing you're doing something good for your body. =D

And starting to pack up the few things you unpacked because you get to move in a few days =D
I am ready to unpack! I am ready to have a home again =D

The funniest thing by far is when my manger gives tours of the apartment or the girls (who will live here next semester) and their mothers/friends are moving their boxes in and they stop to look at this:
This is years of collecting/making earrings.

I am not a fan of subtle earrings. =D

I hope this makes you stop and appreciate the simple things in your life, whether it be the weather, a snack or two, the people you meet, a scent, finding something that was lost, future plans, clean clothes, working out or something you have created.

Crunchy
Peanut butter
is the
way to go!
Enjoy!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment