July 24, 2011

Saving Lives? Possibly.

Why is it that there is some unwritten rule that you always meet the coolest people the last 2 weeks of school? WHY????

I don't like it! And of course it's the people that aren't coming back, like pre-mis and people on winter-spring track. LAME.

Like Kendall is a premi so he's not coming back and Tyler is on Winter-Spring, so he's not coming back. And I am not happy with any of this. Kendall is my walking buddy and he can talk as much as me which is pretty awesome. I've known Tyler all semester but we only recently became really good friends. He's more of the "go exploring, then sit and chat" kind of buddy. Like last night we went and climbed a building, it was pretty cool!

Not going to lie, I was a bit nervous, given I hate heights and we were climbing a beam that was MAYBE a foot wide max and metal and I was wearing Converse. But hey, you can't have fun unless you take chances. So we climbed up on top of the Frontier Pies building and found a little fireworks show going on on the Southeast towards campus, along with some shooting stars. And we found out that it can get REALLY cold in Rexburg even in July. =/ Luckily I was smart and brought my peacoat, poor Tyler was not so smart, wearing bdu's & a light jacket. I warned him that is was cold, but oh well. It was still a lot of fun!

I wish we could have climbed more buildings, but alas he is now in Colorado for the night, after driving for nearly 12 hours. And I guess he'll continue his journey to Arkansas tomorrow. At least he came by and said goodbye this morning before he left. I guess I'll see him next spring or if I come back for winter.

So this is a random picture I took today. Sorry it looks kind of crappy. I was on the phone with Tyler trying to keep him awake while taking this picture. It was Jaide's birthday last week and they wrote on our window. This is the shadow the paint cast on our wall. Cool huh?

In other random news, Nikki and I saw Super 8 tonight. It was pretty good. Not memorable, but not awful. Mostly it was pretty funny because Nikki jumps at EVERYTHING! And I drank way too much Dr.Pepper. This is her, hiding behind her calendar. We're going to fill up that calendar with LOTS of adventures in these next few weeks. =]

Now off to bed with me. I have church at 10am. xP

Can I relive this week?
Over and over and over?
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment