July 2, 2011

Some Things Are Worth the Loss

Like lack of sleep to watch the sunrise at the sand dunes.

I'm actually going to do this in reverse order of what happened so here it goes: Our neighbors in 309 invited Nikki and I to go watch the sunrise with them at the sand dunes this morning.

The thing about Rexburg is that the sun rises around 5:45am. And the sand dunes are a good 20-25 minute drive. So Amy came to Nikki and I's window at 5am this morning to get us up.

Groggy and tired we threw on several layers of clothes on and the 7 of us piled into Collette's car.

But let me tell you, I have rarely seen anything so beautiful in my life.

(Sorry these pictures are fuzzy; they weren't from my camera. Amy took them). This was before the sun rose, but to give you an idea of how much you can see (sort of).

Yes those are the Grand Tetons on the right. Gorgeous, am I right?

As the morning got lighter (it wasn't actually this bright, or it didn't feel like it. Also the sand was FREEZING cold but you can't wear shoes in the sand....)


As it began to rise. It rose really quickly!
The full view from the top of the dunes.
Amazing.

(from left to right: Amy, Collette, Michelle, Nikki, Ashley, Me, Kendall).
Kendall and I are kind of hiding in the background b/c as soon as I sat down I was NOT about to move because the sand warms up where you sit and the girls wanted to huddle after I sat down. I was bundled in my BYU-I hoodie and would not move. Oh well, got to know Kendall better. He's one of the pre-mi's in my ward and he's from NY.

I loved the shadows of the ripples of the sand. It had this beautiful blue and yellow contrast that I loved!

On the left is Nikki and Michelle sharing a sleeping bag.
I think they rolled down the hill. They tried to move like a worm. As Nikki said "I don't want to be a worm! It's too hard!" So Kendall pulled them to the car.
I'm doing a little "My feet are numb but not numb enough to not feel the sharp rocky ground" dance looking around for my shoes.

To give you an idea how steep the sand dunes are. It's a good little work out trying to get up them. And they are all that steep pretty much.

So yesterday Nikki and I took some pictures together. See here.
This is my roommate and best friend, Nikki.
I'm so happy that we're rooming together in the fall! =D
(She's so pretty!)

Besties even though she has a bit of a creepy face going on there and I couldn't stop laughing.

=D =D =D =D =D That is all I have to say.

And she taught me how to hang off the balcony. Mom does this remind you of someone? I felt this was a Catherine moment back in the day.

We also went with Cacia and her roommate, Stephanie, to tie-dye t-shirts! It was my first time ever! And Nikki and I dyed our hands as well.
Quite a work of art I must say.


I guess I can't escape West's colors. Green and Gold.

The green is mostly gone but the yellow is still very much there. Hope no one notices at church tomorrow....


Nikki and I also sat on our porch for 3 hours hanging out with the girls in 309, just chatting it up. And we watched Penelope. (I thought of you Catherine).

We launched water balloons, muahahahaha! =D

And I finally climbed up the balcony. From the ground to the third floor, I'm proud of myself. =]

And now to go get my laundry.

It's been a GREAT weekend thus far, can't wait to see what happens next!

I love bacon
and so much food!
And sometimes a
lack of sleep can be
completely worth it!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment