August 22, 2011

Carolina On My Mind

Not actually, well sort of. But that is not the main subject of my post this evening. But after reading my brothers' posts here and here, I was touched. It is true I will miss North Carolina a great deal, but every chapter is just a new beginning.

I guess what I mean to say is that I feel I am beginning a new chapter in my life. This past semester has been one of learning to be a bit more outgoing and trusting. One of having fun and gaining experiences. But now I begin a more personal adventure. One of self growth, spiritually and mentally. There is a great deal that I want to learn, take in and soak up all at once, but alas I know it can only come in time. And today has helped with the beginning of this adventure. Well....several experiences have helped.

To start, my brother and I got to read the scriptures together the other night. It felt amazing to have that in my home. I want to thank my parents for making scripture study a habit in your home; it has been an example to me. And though I know I did not always take advantage of it as much as a I should have, it definitely brought a different spirit into the home.

Today church was magnificent. Not that it isn't always, but I think we all have those Sundays that just stand out to us above all the others. Despite being rather tired in sacrament, I was able to enjoy some wonderful talks. Normally I tend to have one favorite each Sunday, but today each of them just hit me and made me think. Then Sunday school and Relief Society passed and each brought more to me than I thought. Suddenly topics I had never fully appreciated became greatly important and I wanted to learn and take action immediately. I guess you could say it was one of those Sundays. Those moments that hit you, and how you react will define you.

I hope that all of you find those moments in your life. Listen closely at church, find something, and take it to heart. But don't stop there, act on it, better yourself. Because what else do we have in this life? We have our families and the knowledge we gain through schooling, personal and spirituality. In the end, what purpose do we have if we aren't growing? Someone once said, you are either progressing or digressing, there is no constant. So which one are you at?

I think I'm going to stop blogging about my daily life for awhile. I feel it is becoming more of a job than an enjoyment. I'm going to go back to what is on my mind from day to day instead. But you might not hear from me for awhile on here. If you want to keep up with me, please give me a call. Use your phone for what they were originally meant to do, or send me a letter. Call me "old fashioned" but I prefer a phone call or letter to a text or facebook message any day. I'm not great at keeping up with schedules, so give me a call in your free time. I promise to call back if I for some reason miss your call.

Have a great week!
And learn something new =]
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment